Homes, rooms, even vehicles immediately transform under Marti’s brushes. Joy emanates and creates a happier world; Your happier world!
Whether your project is big or modest, every mural is important to Marti and no job is too small for consideration. Marti will work with you to give you a great design for your budget. The majority of her projects tend to be in the $2500 – $5000 range. However, she is happy to scale designs to suit smaller budgets.
For lower cost mural options, think about having Marti paint a door in a key location!
Mural pricing is determined by four factors:
- location and footage of the area
- cost of materials
- intricacy of design
- working conditions (inside, outside, very tall, scaffolding needed, awkward space, etc…)
The initial consultation is free. You will discuss the project with Marti (on the phone or by email) so that you have a time and cost estimate. You will be shown sketches and design ideas to determine the exact design for your mural.
- The basic cost for most indoor murals run $20 – 35 per square foot, related to image detail density
- Add $10 per square foot for outdoor murals
- Price range according to the intricacy of the design.
- There may be additional charges depending on working conditions such as restricted hours of operation, weather, special materials, cramped spaces or driving time and distance.
- Pricing includes all materials for indoor projects. However, certain items, such as specialized outdoor paint or scaffolding needed to complete the job will be added to the price of the mural cost estimate.
- determine where you want your mural and measure the area (guestimating if you have to)
- contact marti
- she will sketch some ideas for you based on your answers to her mural questionnaire. Things like how much detail you want, colors, if there should be customized elements or commemorations of people, pets or favorite teams and activities….everything Marti needs to create a masterpiece for you in her inimitable style.
- Marti will email drafts and then a final sketch for your approval
- You and Marti will draw up a contract and you’ll pay a 50% deposit and schedule the work
- The balance is due upon completion – cash, credit cards or paypal are all accepted.
- If Marti must travel to reach you then travel and living expenses will become a part of your contract.
Before your wall mural project begins it will be assumed that there is a base coat of paint on the wall and a cleared work space.
- If applicable, please move as much furniture away from the work area as possible.
- Any prep painting, wall patching, or wall preparation left to Marti to complete will be an additional fee.
- Prep painting may include filling holes in walls, texturizing and putting a primer or base coat on the wall.
- If you have a tight budget, to lower your cost, prepare the wall and paint the base coat yourself.
How to Measure Square Footage:
Measure the length and height of the wall to be painted. Multiply both numbers together. That will give you the square footage to be painted. To get a price estimate, multiply the square footage times the cost per square foot. Prices range from $20 to $35 per square foot for wall murals.
SAMPLE 10′ x 10′ Indoor Mural – 100 square feet
- regular design detail density 100sf x $20 – $2,000
- detailed design density 100sf x $35 – $3,500
- outdoor price: 100sf x $45 – $4,500
Example of simple details:
Example of More Complex Details:
Once an agreement is reached to start your mural, a contract will be presented which details work to be done and project start and end dates.
A 50% downpayment will be required at the start of the project. The deposit is used to purchase the supplies needed to complete your project and to schedule your mural.
Once all the work has been completed, payment in full will be expected. (We can work out a payment plan if that will help you bring you child’s dreams to life with paint).
Cash, credit cards and PayPal are accepted.
A Mural for a Hip Landscaping Company in Chicago
Read the full story here.