Animales Felices – Happy Animals Book + Learning Program Project
The Main Goal
The Project Team
- Marti McGinnis
Artist, Illustrator and Writer, Marti has a passion for promoting a positive outlook through her work. Her work with the Ministry of Health of the Government of Fiji and the World Health Organization as a Peace Corps volunteer was creating and then teaching from, a 100 page comic and story book on the topic of Health Education entitled “Worms and Germs” for the children of Fiji was successful by any measure. Kids of all ages love pictures books and will assimilate the information they learn by reading them in uniquely retentive ways.
- Alejandra Rosas-Lewis
Directora, Secretaría de Educación de Guanajuato SEG (Principle of local school district in Guanajuato, Mexico)
Will co-create the school Learning Program to accompany the Animales Felices – Happy Animals book and ensure that the contents adhere appropriately to relatable school curricula. She will also head the English to Spanish translation of the materials.
- Book: 40 full color pages, professionally created and produced
- Full Book Outline – Click here
- Paperback or Hardback depending on participation of a Patron
- Original Illustrations, Stories and Cartoons
- TOPICS: primarily cats and dogs, but also goats, chickens, cows, burros, horses and wildlife – general care, useful information (dog and equine body language for example in pictures, inexpensive pet food recipes, alternatives to chains, etc) and a page of local resources with limited budgets in mind.
- Learning Program to feature, drawings to color, informative program, visit by the Project Ambassador Animals: Iota McHippus a miniature horse and Tingo McJingles, a dog.
- Targeted to be Released late summer, 2015
- First Learning session slated for fall 2015 in 6 classes in a grade school in Guanajuato
- More Schools to be added as interest and donations gain momentum
- Children must participate in the Learning Program to qualify for a Free Book
Projected Developmental Costs
Projected Cost of Book to Create and Produce – $1085
- Expenses: $500 living expenses for the month the book is in full-on production
- Book ART: www.HappyArt.com no additional charge
- Book Design: www.martimcginnis.com no additional charge
- Book Translation from English to Spanish $250
- Book Submission to printers: MartiMu Marketing, No Charge
- Other Direct Charges: $85 to purchase ISBN from IngramSpark SKU is free
(ISBN is free through CreateSpace)
- Develop Learning Program – $250 to work with Mexican School Principle; logistics, translations, etc.
We raised $2726.00 through our IndieGoGo campaign!!
You can still donate ANY amount! Click here.
We’re turning every dollar, every peso given into hope and kindness for animals in Mexico and the United States.
$450 – $850 each
- $3.00 per book per child (average 100 – 200 students or $300 – $600)
- $100 – $200 per school Learning Program materials (Copies of Coloring Sheets and Quizzes) Crayons, colored pencils, tape. pencils, etc)
- $50.00 assistant compensation
- CreateSpace $3.65/each paperback, without shipping, hardcover not available, any quantity 1 – 1000+
- IngramSpark $2.25/each paperback, without shipping (Hardcover $6.64 without shipping) Slightly less in Quantities of 500 = $1,066 total or $2.13 each to Texas consolidation address Plus $50 shipping to Mexico)
Your Help = More Kids = More Happy Animals!
- Non Profit reading programs
- Animal Rescue Organizations
- Possibly also through the Ingram Expanded Distribution network which includes institutions and schools worldwide
Risks & Challenges
Because of the complete buy in through a local school principle, for the project as a whole we believe more schools will happily come on board to receive the free Learning Program and Books for their students!
The book will be narrated by Celebrity Mini Horse, Iota McHippus who will also promote the project at local events and attend the Learning Program when feasible. He may also officially recognize Program participants on his web blog and Facebook Page.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Share our link with your own networks. Animals kindness and children’s literacy are topics near and dear to a great many peoples’ hearts!
- Use the SHARE tools right here on this campaign!
- Facebook it!
- Tweet it!
- Give us your personal endorsement.
- Email us with your questions and feedback!
Thank You!! Muchas Gracias!
Sneak Peaks of the content, the children its for here in Mexico and the animals its ultimately meant to benefit will be updated regularly on its Facebook Page here.
Funds Raised to Date
Book-o-Meter: about 1000 books funded so far!
- Project launch from the sales of original painting created and sold by Marti McGinnis right here.
(There are several left!)
- Donations from:
Janet S. in Michigan
Beverley B. in Illinois
Lindy H. In Kentucky
Jo B. in Massachusetts
Projected WHOLESALE cost of book per paperback copy:
CreateSpace $3.65 (without shipping) (Hardcover not available)
IngramSpark $2.25 (without Shipping) (Hardcover $6.64 without shipping)
(Quant. 500 = $1,066 total or $2.13 each to Texas Plus shipping to Mexico)
$85 to purchase ISBN from IngramSpark SKU is free (get ISBN free through CreateSpace)